Thursday 23 June 2011

A whisper can be heard throughout the world

Blog post number 1.  I have been thinking about blogging for a while.  Everybody's doing it... I think.  Peer pressure is a horrible thing, and I have succumbed to it, again. So this is me... trying to be deep.

My debut album has been released a couple of months ago, and releasing it was the easy part.  I never thought that I'd have to work this hard to get my music heard.  It's not really my music. I wrote it for God.  It's His love songs. Like Jars of Clay put it so aptly, "Love songs for a Saviour".  It's about Him.  Having His name glorified.  Getting people from all over the world to fall in love again with their true Love.

Have you ever shouted and realised that no one was listening?  Have you ever whispered and found that every word was being heard by Someone?  God hears your whispers and your shouts. He knows.  You are always connected to Him.  The connection is never down. There is no interference.  David wrote in Psalm 139:1-6(The message): 

1-6 God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand.
I'm an open book to you;
even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking.
You know when I leave and when I get back;
I'm never out of your sight.
You know everything I'm going to say
before I start the first sentence.
I look behind me and you're there,
then up ahead and you're there, too—
your reassuring presence, coming and going.
This is too much, too wonderful—
I can't take it all in!

This scripture changed my life, but this is not what I want to focus on today.  Today is not about our channel to God. Today I am writing about another frequency.

If we think about technology and the way that it has changed our lives.  Television, radio, cellphones and the internet.  It has made this enourmous planet of ours so small.  We are able to, within seconds, communicate with people from around the world.  Technology, in audio/visual form, has enabled us to transmit any message across the globe.  There is a word that needs to be transmitted all over the world. That word is love. God is love. That word is God

Microphones on street corners is about us being the audio and visual transmitters of our time.  The message is love and hope.  God is the voice and we are His microphones.  He speaks and we transmit via the frequency of faith. 

If you whisper or if you shout over a microphone, people all over the world can hear.  We whisper when we share something intimate and we shout when we proclaim something majestic.  The microphone gets the message across.

Jesus said in Luke 4:18-19: 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

God is the hope of the world and we carry the message.  Whether you shout with joy or whisper intimately, you transmit.  Never stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment